The Hand of the Potter: A Tragedy in Four Acts
by Dreiser, Theodore Herman Albert (1871-1945)
- About very good
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
209 pages. Small octavo (7 3/4" x 5 3/4") bound in original publisher's quarter brow cloth with dark green lettering to spine and cover over green boards. First edition, second state with half-title tipped to stub. Theodore Herman Albert Dreiser (August 27, 1871 December 28, 1945) was an American novelist and journalist. He pioneered the naturalist school and is known for portraying characters whose value lies not in their moral code, but in their persistence against all obstacles, and literary situations that more closely resemble studies of nature than tales of choice and agency. Condition: Chip at front edge, spine heal bumped, lightly soiled else about very good lacking jacket.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- The Book Collector ABAA, ILAB, TBA (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- The Hand of the Potter: A Tragedy in Four Acts
- Dreiser, Theodore Herman Albert (1871-1945)
- Book Condition
- Used - About very good
- Quantity Available
- First edition, Second State
- Boni & Liveright
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Small octavo
Terms of Sale
The Book Collector ABAA, ILAB, TBA
All items are guaranteed as described. If an item is not as described, it is returnable within seven days of receipt, unless other arrangements are made. Full refunds given only when items are received in the same condition in which they were sent. We require new customers to send payment with their order. Customers known to us will be invoiced with payment due in thirty days, unless prior arrangements are made. Institutions will be billed to meet their requirements. All items subject to prior sale. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express Please be advised that we can only ship to your billing address. We accept checks, but may require that the check clears before we ship an order. Prices of books do not include shipping. We use UPS domestically and internationally. Other shipping arrangements can be made. Shipping is always charged at cost. Texas residents must add 8.25% sales tax.
About the Seller
Biblio member since 2005
Fort Worth, Texas
Ask Seller a Question
About The Book Collector ABAA, ILAB, TBA
The Book Collector specializes in the finest collections of Chess, Anthropology, Americana and American Literature. Visit our website at www.bookcollectorshop.com
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- Second State
- used in book collecting to refer to a first edition, but after some change has been made in the printing, such as a correction,...
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...