Manuel Pratique de l'Ouvrier Relieur, 2 parts bound in 1 volume
by Charles Chanat (Vladimir Tchekeroul, binder)
- very good
- Very Good/No DJ
Brattleboro, Vermont, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Near Fine HC in Good+ slipcase. Signed binding (Tchekeroul). Text in French/Francaise. Swirl pattern oil marbled paper over boards half bound with black morocco leather; gilt stamped titles on spine; gilt top edge; two parts bound in retain original covers and spines. Bright, clean, square covers and spine; slight, thin scrapes on spine; very slight rubbing wear on rear cover paper, otherwise Fine covers and spine; tightly bound; small 'Tchekeroul' gilt stamped on tail edge of front pastedown; small black leather label on front free end paper is gilt stamped with star of David above tower over gilt banner with 'Turris Davidica' in relief; ink gift inscription on fly leaf dated 1953 in Brussels; original card covers are clean and complete with some age darkening; interior is light and clean; leaves remain supple. Slipcase is matching marbled paper over boards with matching morocco leather at spine end caps.12mo, 413 total pp (208, 205); illustrated
- Madden Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Manuel Pratique de l'Ouvrier Relieur, 2 parts bound in 1 volume
- Charles Chanat (Vladimir Tchekeroul, binder)
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket Condition
- No DJ
- Quantity Available
- Paris: Librairie Garnier Freres; no date, Ca. 1914
- Date Published
- FINE BINDING, MARBLING, TCHEKEROUL, VLADIMIR, COLLECTABLE, COLLECTIBLE, RELIURE, RELIE
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Madden Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Half Bound
- The heel of the spine.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Marbled Paper
- Decorative colored paper that imitates marble with a veined, mottled, or swirling pattern. Commonly used as the end papers or...
Join the Bibliophiles’ Club and start saving 10% on every book.
$29.95 / Year